WARNING: NUMEROUS PICTURES CAN BE FOUND BELOW. IF YOU DON'T CARE ABOUT MY AWESOME PICTURES...YOU CAN KINDLY SKIP OVER THIS POST.
A few weeks ago I had this great idea to plan a spontaneous vacation, so I did! Matt keeps really busy with school and work and really needed a break. I kept the whole thing a surprise, got Matt's bosses to let him off work, booked the hotel (non-refundable) and was so excited about my fancy little plan!
A couple nights before we left I was talking to Matt about how busy he had been, and how nice it would be for him to relax over the weekend. He then told me that he was so busy that he wouldn't be able to relax at all, based on all the homework he had due Monday morning. I immediately panicked and had to tell him about the trip! I was bummed about having to ruin the whole thing, but we ended up getting it worked out in the end and had a great time. Here are the highlights!
A few weeks ago I had this great idea to plan a spontaneous vacation, so I did! Matt keeps really busy with school and work and really needed a break. I kept the whole thing a surprise, got Matt's bosses to let him off work, booked the hotel (non-refundable) and was so excited about my fancy little plan!
A couple nights before we left I was talking to Matt about how busy he had been, and how nice it would be for him to relax over the weekend. He then told me that he was so busy that he wouldn't be able to relax at all, based on all the homework he had due Monday morning. I immediately panicked and had to tell him about the trip! I was bummed about having to ruin the whole thing, but we ended up getting it worked out in the end and had a great time. Here are the highlights!

We started out going to In-N-Out Burger because I had never been there and we've heard all kinds of great things about it. I have to admit...neither of us was very impressed.

After about 5 1/2 hours of driving we arrived in Las Vegas! We headed straight out for some sight seeing. Our first stop was the Bellagio where we watched the fountain show, which we loved.

Inside the Venetian. It is dark, but you can see a gondola behind me if you look closely. They were really fun to watch.

We splurged and bought tickets to Phantom of the Opera! This is inside the Venetian while we were waiting to go to the performance

This was after the show. It was amazing! We both loved it and it was definitely the highlight of the trip.

After all the sight seeing we were dead tired. It was so nice to have a little vacation, and we had a blast!





















14 comments:
I told you Las Vegas can be fun even if you don't gamble or drink. Shows are fun...and worth the money. Now I want to go on vacation again...its hopeless, I always want to be on vacation. Where did you guys end up staying?
Looks like tons of fun! I'm jealous you got to see Phantom. I've only been to Les Mis and it was great-I'm sure Phantom is awesome!
Looks like an awesome weekend! That is really cute that you planned the whole thing, including his bosses! Way to go girl!
The beauty of In-n-Out is its simplicity. No frills, no gimics, just fast and fresh burgers, fries, drinks and shakes. Everything's fresh too. The meat is never frozen, and the fries are cut from a real potato just before they're fried! I suppose hearing so much hype about it could easily result in a let-down when you finally experience it. I felt that way about Krispy Kreme donuts when they first opened in Orem (...they're just donuts!). But we still love In-n-Out and eat there everytime we're in CA or NV. There's actually one in St. George now too! Not that you care though. :)
Cute blog! Thanks for your email. I love Vegas, especially In 'N Out.
Camille and Matt-
This is Kimberly clark(dame)...hope you remember me. I found your blog thru another friend...how are things with the two of you? Sounds like you have been keeping busy. Spencer and I are doing well..we have 2 little girls now and are doing school and all that fun stuff. If you want to chat...check out our blog skclark@blogspot.com hope to hear from you soon!
What a good wife you are I bet Matt loved some time to relax and it looked ya'll had a great time! We feel the same way about In-N-Out, we just don't understand the hype, it is cool to watch them make their fries, but we prefer the mom and pop kind better.
First of all, I agree with you about In-N-Out Burger. I wasn't impressed either. But more importantly, you saw Phantom???? Oh my goodness, was it just amazing? I want to see it SO bad! It is going to be playing here in Minneapolis, we'll see if I can convince Rob to let us go...
Looks like you guys had such a fun trip!
Wow, sounds like you guys had fun. I'm impressed with your ability to plan such spontaneous vacations!
Sounds like you guys had so much fun! Phantom is soooo awesome! Hope you guys enjoyed it! I agree about the in-n-out! Not too impressed! Aaron loves it though!
That sounds like a lot of fun, I wish we lived close to Vegas so we could do stuff like that. I need your email address so I can invite you to our blog, we went private. Just leave it on our old blog, it won't show up, and I will send you an invite.
WOW, Camillio! What a trip!! That's more sight seeing than Jordan and I have done together in our whole marriage!!;-) I am SO glad you two were able to get away! It really is so important and just gives you a full tank of energy to keep going once you get back home to reality!
I LOVE VEGAS! It would be nice to run away too. It is so cute that you surprised Matt.
What a good idea! Looks like fun:)
Post a Comment