Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Birthday and First Haircut

My birthday yesterday was awesome. I woke up to Matt who gave me one of the seasons of the Cosby Show (which I LOVE) on dvd. He had also set up a scavenger hunt around our apartment for me to find a bunch of smaller gifts, mostly my favorite treats. He spent the night before writing short little poems with the clues, and they were so funny!

"I guess you could say this is where in our home we keep the nuts (I found corn nuts under Cam's crib). I commend you because that took a lot of guts. Be careful with the next gift or you'll get lots of cuts (under the knife block)."

It was a fun way to start the morning. He then went off to school while I got Cam and myself ready, and then he came home to take me to breakfast!

After that I went down to my Mom's, who took me shopping pretty much all day. It was so fun to spend the day with her, and I got some awesome clothes and delicious lunch. I finished off with dinner over at my parents and then headed home to relax and watch a movie. Thanks to everybody, especially Matt and my mother dear, for making it such a special day!

On another note, everybody LOVES Cameron's hair. Since the day he was born, people have always talked about his hair wherever we go. It is full, beautifully blond, soft and just perfect. The nurses at our doctor's office say he looks like a hair model. Anyway, as sad as it makes me, we knew the day would come that he would require a haircut. He was starting to look kind of raggedy, so my Mom was nice enough to give him a quick buzz. He was so good the whole time and he looks so cute (at least I think so). He almost looks like a different baby with his hair shorter, but never fear folks...it will grow back!



3 comments:

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday!!! I'm so glad it was fun!

Ryan's hair is super thin so we don't HAVE to cut it yet. I'm dreading the day. Good job on doing it!

BECKY said...

Such a great bday! Yay! Cam looks really mature in that bottom picture... can't wait to see it in person!

Eric said...

Happy Birthday, Camille! Glad you had a good day.