In October, Cam had his first really big ouchie. He and I were playing up in my room while I was getting ready for the day. He went running out of my bathroom at full speed and tripped and I heard a thud! I knew instantly that it was going to be yucky. He had flown head first into the bed frame!
I ran over quickly and he was kind of in a daze from the hit. I saw a big gash in his forehead, and the blood started coming quickly. I called Matt, who had just left for work, and he turned around and came home. Thank goodness, because I was not being a brave Mommy!
We headed in to the emergency room and waited for what felt like forever. The doctor came and gave him some versed, which he spit the majority of out. He did swallow enough to get pretty loopy and wobbly on his feet, but not enough to get him as tired as they wanted. He was pretty funny after the medication...laughing at all the nurses, making strange motorcycle sounds, etc.
It was so terrible to watch him being held down by the 2 nurses and doctor. He was red and sweaty from fighting, and had fingerprints on his arms when they let him back up :( I was doing okay until he got a glimpse of me under the cloth they had over his face and cried out, "Mama, noooo!" I started crying and nearly passed out, so they put me down on the floor.
Thankfully once it was over, he forgot pretty quickly (thank you, versed!) and we went home. He only had to have 3 stitches, but they said it was a wide gash, so he is likely to have a little scar. He thought it was great since he spent the rest of the day watching movies, to keep him a little subdued. Poor kid...
2 comments:
Aww. Poor guy! SO brave though! :) Love all the updates! Thanks!!
Ouch! My little guy got his first big cut when he was two - he hit his head on the coffee table and it took only 2 staples to close his wound - so glad they used staples instead of stitches because it was SO fast. Little boys are bound to have lots of battle scars!
Post a Comment