Sunday, March 30, 2008

Weekend Vacation

Some friends in our ward invited us up to their parents' cabin a couple of weekends ago. We went with a few other couples in the ward, and it was really fun to hang out with them and get to know everybody better.

We played a fun game about proverbs after dinner and then everybody wanted to play "Rock Band". I'm not so good at it, but it was fun to watch everybody else. I don't think I knew more than 4 songs on the whole game. Matt and I ducked out for awhile to go for a short swim. I guess the pool and hot tub were closed, because we got kicked out about 10 minutes after we got there, but it was still fun to take a quick dip.

When we got back, everybody was still playing "Rock Band". Matt and I are not used to staying up late, and it was about 11:00, so we were getting pretty tired. We stayed and chatted for awhile, and around 12, everybody wanted to watch "School of Rock". It was about that time that everybody found out just how boring we are. We did stay up, but I was out about 15 minutes into the movie. We didn't get to bed until 2 am and by then, neither or us could sleep!

The next day we got up, ate breakfast with everybody, wandered around Heber a little bit and then met up at a delicious authentic Mexican restaurant in Park City (I can't remember the name, but when I do, I'll let you know...it was amazing!)

Matt and I got home around 5:00 in the afternoon and crashed the minute we got in the door. We fell asleep almost immediately, and slept until about 6:30 the next morning. I guess we really have turned into an "old married couple". Okay, I'm kidding, but I guess we are pretty lame sometimes!

1 comment:

Rachelle said...

Ha ha.... what an old married couple. Even Aaron and I can stay up later than that....just kidding....I'm glad you had fun.