Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm Singing in the Rain (literally)

A couple of weeks ago my Mom threw together a spontaneous picnic up the canyon. The entire day as we were planning to go it was pouring outside, but somehow we ended up going away and I will say that it was probably the most fun I have had on a picnic in the canyon in ages (except that Matt had too much homework and couldn't come).


We had some yummy fried chicken, fruit, pasta and chips and stood around the blazing fire (how it was blazing in the pouring rain...I don't know) talking and laughing, and even singing the family song (yes, it does exist). Before we left, we even played a good old fashioned game of "kids in a blanket". You guys know that game, right? The one where you put little kids in a blanket and flip them as high as you can? Yeah, its a good one.

We finally decided to bail when the lightning and thunder just got too close for comfort.



The kids played in the car with Grandma. This is Andrew pretending that he is driving through a dark cave. Notice the face of terror.



We attempted a game of "Camille in a blanket", but I was a little too big. My bottom hit the ground everytime I landed...ouch.



1 comment:

korth fam said...

silly camille blankets are for kids!