Thursday, April 23, 2009

UGH

I'm reading all the blog updates on google reader. They are all so happy and bubbly about the spring weather. Now, I'm not complaining...ok, I'm TOTALLY complaining. I'm at home, laying on the couch with some kind of stomach bug. All I can think is...ummmm...I'm almost 18 weeks, so when does this get any better? When do I get to stop spontaneously throwing everything up?

Don't get me wrong. We couldn't be more excited for this baby--we are absolutely stoked and thankful. I shouldn't complain at all, some days I just get to the end of my rope, and this feels like one of those days. In all honesty, I would go through another full 9 months of this just for the blessing of a little baby.

To get myself out of my whiner's funk, here is today's list of what I am thankful for:

*The recent BEAUTIFUL weather, including being able to wear flip-flops
*My wonderful husband who would do absolutely anything for me, despite his insane schedule
*A fun visit with my best friend Lauren before she went to New York last night
*A good job, and an understanding Boss
*A spectacular family, both mine and Matt's, who are wonderfully supportive
*A comfortable apartment that we love
*The herbs growing beautifully on my balcony
*An awesome ward
*Having my sister and her family live just a couple blocks away
Ok, I feel much better now. Well...emotionally, not physcially:) I think it is so important to realize all that I have in spite of some minor struggles here and there, and I must say I have a pretty great life, don't you think? What makes your life so great?

7 comments:

Nikki said...

Camille, I am so sorry that you have been so sick. You will see it is more worth it than you know. I hope you start to get better soon, post some more cute belly pics. You look adorable! By the way, when do you find out what you are having?

LeAnn said...

I'm sorry you are sick, but hopefully it will go away soon. My wonderful husband, great friends and family make my life great. Especially this week since I am in Utah visiting with them.

The Goodrich's said...

Oh man, you're sick again! I'm so sorry and keep hoping that it will get better soon...we can't wait to meet the little Tanner though! When do you find out what you're having?

Shelley Fairbanks said...

Wow! You're almost half way there to 20 wks. In a year it will seem like pregnancy went so quickly, you will forget the pain and sickness. Its all worth it in the end. And something my OB/GYN told me when I was pg with Reagan, "When you're sick, you know you're still pregnant, and things are going well." He was reassuring me because we miscarried before getting pg with Reagan. You're almost to the point where you start nesting before you feel huge. Although I don't think that's possible for a Goodrich. Your TINY belly pic's are cute.

Anonymous said...

You are such a cute pregnant mama! Your sickness sounds horrid, but from experience it will all be worth this special gift Heavenly Father is sending you. Such a great post Camille. Life really is so wonderful, and very often we have to stop for a moment to really take inventory of it all. I can't believe you are almost half way.

Amanda said...

Oh honey, I feel your pain! But it doesn't last forever! What makes my life great is my beautiful daughter that I worked so hard for 9 months to make :) It's totally ok to have days when all you want to do is complain. Just take it one day at a time and pretty soon (although it doesn't feel like soon) you'll have a bundle of joy in your arms instead of in your belly :) Hope you feel better soon!

Cali said...

Hey! congrats on being Pregnant! that's awesome. I was throwing up until about 20 weeks... and then it subsided a little.. you can make it!!