Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Ski Utah!

For those who know me well, I am not a skiier by any stretch of the imagination. I went once when I was about 14, and I sunburned my eyes and was pretty miserable (how was I supposed to know I should wear goggles?!?!)

Anyway, our friends Jen and Aaron convinced us that we should go night skiing with them, which we agreed to.
Laugh if you want, but I was pretty nervous the whole day. First thing when we get there, Aaron gets me up on the ski lift before I knew what was happening.

So, we arrived at the top of the hill(but only after I knocked over Aaron and caused the ski lift to have to be stopped) and I can barely move on my skis. Aaron was kind enough to give me a lesson, and everybody else was kind enough to wait:)
I eventually got the hang of it...sort of.....
We actually ended up having a lot of fun, although I spent most of the night on my backside, rather than my feet. My attitude is a little bit better about it now, but that night, not so much. I was so sore and miserable for a while there, but now I actually think I could go again...in about 10 years.

Here is how I felt at the beginning of the night:


And here is how I felt at the end:



No comments: