Friday, May 23, 2008

My Oh-So Fashionable Husband

The other day we were down at Matt's parents' home. Matt's mom mentioned that she had some of his Dad's old clothes for Matt to try on and see if he wanted them. The result was that I ended up in giggles so severe that I cried and had to leave the room. I'm not sure if Matt's dad appreciates the teasing, but he is a good natured guy with a good sense of humor, so I thought I would go ahead and post these gems.

Now this picture is another story.....

Growing up, my brothers and sister and I would always tease my Dad because he would come home from work or church and would put on sweat pants or scrubs, and would tuck his white shirt into them and top it off with a sweater and slippers...I'm not lying. Like Matt's dad, it is a good thing my dad has a good sense of humor.


After we left Matt's parents, we went down to my parents' house. Matt had a little hole in his pants that my Mom offered to sew, but he had to wear some of my Dad's pj's while he waited. This was the final product, and yes, I will be saving these to show our kids in the future.

3 comments:

Rachelle said...

I think that you have married a guy that will turn out much like Dad in many ways. That's a good thing. Fun fun!! and I am proud of you for doing the Breast Cancer walk.

The Goodrich's said...

Those are pretty funny. One of the first times that I ever went to your parents house was on a Sunday afternoon. Sure enough, your dad opens the door with is white shirt tucked into his sweat pants! I was too nervous then to say anything but Justin and I have shared many laughs about it since!

Jae said...

You'll want to hang on to those royal blue sweats. Family treasure!