Her husband thought we might as well try taking the minivan up the icy road to the cabin with all of us and our stuff inside. It only took about 10 feet to realize that was a bad decision. We got totally stuck. Matt and Aaron were kind enough to get out and dig us out so we could back down the mountain. Matt pushed so hard that he literally made himself sick and about passed out! We decided the only way we were getting up there was if we packed up all of our gear and went on foot. It was quite the feat. Jen had a novel idea for the two of us to go back to the van with a tarp and put everything on there and pull it up to the cabin. We made it about 20 feet before Aaron came and rescued us...it was sooooo heavy!
We did eventually get settled in for the night with a nice fire, a good dinner and some good chatting time. Here are their 2 cute snow bunny kids....aren't they adorable?



Just before bed Matt and I took a flash light and headed out to the out house. Because of the amount of snow, Aaron and Matt had to dig out the out house, and it was a pretty steep step to get down to it. As I was coming out, I wasn't being too bright, and I stepped up sharply, jabbing the edge of the roof into my head, which made a lovely puncture wound. Jen is a nurse and she looked at it and said it probably could have used a couple of stitches, but it wasn't a big deal. She put some hydrogen pyroxide (ouch!) on it and I went to bed with a throbbing headache. Here is a picture of my gross puncture wound. Sorry if you don't think its very cool, but by golly, this is my blog and I'll post whatever I want!
The next morning Jen and I made a delicious breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash brown, and pancakes. Yum!

We spent the rest of the day out in the snow just in front of the cabin. Matt got straight to work making some fun sledding paths for us, and we flew down them on a piece of plastic Aaron found in the cabin. Emma, Jen, and Aaron built a snowman, and I did a little bit of everything. We had so much fun.




We finished off the day with a delicious dinner, some games, and part of a movie, before we were all too tired from the day and decided to head home. Thanks to the Youngs for a great weekend!
2 comments:
OW!! Camille that looked like it hurt!
It looks like you guys had fun! That looks painful, sad! Did you ever get stitches?
Post a Comment