Monday, September 1, 2008

Update

So, it is time again for one of my "I've been feeling way to busy/lazy, and having so much fun lately that I haven't had/taken the time to post anything" updates.
I know being busy sometimes sounds like an excuse, but it isn't always! I have started a new job and I'm trying to get into the swing of things there, planning enrichment activities (I am the enrichment counselor, for those who don't know. It keeps me pretty busy!) and doing lots of fun things with Matt, friends, and family. Matt started school last week and is already very busy with that and 2 jobs, and finally we are just busy having a lot of fun everyday.

So to start off, James and Allison got married on August 14th. It was an awesome day. Congratulations to you two!



Jae has this funny thing about wearing hats at a wedding. Don't worry, he didn't wear it the whole time, just for this picture. Notice the receiving line in the background.
Here is Jae, again...notice the pile of chocolate on his spoon that he is about to eat!

Next, I spent the following Saturday with my best friend Lauren. She had tickets to Hale Theater's BIG and took me with her. It was so cute and funny. Thanks Lauren! She has gone back up to USU again, so I probably won't get to see her for awhile.

A couple of weeks ago I was searching for books in the library when I heard a "psssst". I peeked through the book shelf to see my cute and funny husband. He wanted to know if I was going to busy that weekend. When I said I didn't have plans, he asked me on a date...wahoo! We went to dinner, then did a little shopping. We went to Walmart and Matt told me we could pick a couple of treats and a new game. We chose "Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?" Next we headed over to the airport where we took a walk in the sunset and watched the planes flying in over our heads. Finally we went home to play our game, which turned out not to be too much fun, but we had a good time anyway.

The next day my sister Rachelle brought down her kids, Lizzy and Andrew, and we took them to the Zoo. We had a blast, but I will admit we were pretty darn tired by the end of the day. 2 kids at the Zoo can really take it all out of you! After the Zoo we took them to my friend Meagan's wedding reception and then home for the night. They were both perfect angels all day.


I promise, she is a little angel even though she doesn't look like it in this picture:)
Next ( I know this is getting long, but hang in there! It is easier to do one big post instead of several small ones) Matt's brother, Jameson, turned 17 so we had a little family birthday party at his house. We had a delicious dinner and Jameson got some cool gifts! Later that same week was Ric's (Matt's Dad) birthday. We went to the Silver Fork Lodge on Friday and then went home for a movie, gifts, and dessert. It was a lot of fun!


















The next morning (this past Saturday) I went birthday shopping with Matt's Mom. It was so much fun, and I can't thank her enough! I got shoes, a new outfit, some jewelry, Cafe Rio and we also walked through all of Ikea at my request. While we had a girl's day out, Matt, Jameson, and Ric went hiking up by Lake Mary. Finally we had a little family reunion with my Mom's side of the family at my parents' house. Matt and I didn't get to stay until the end because of a little medical mishap, but it was fun anyway.

Water fight!

On Sunday we went to church with my family and then just hung around all afternoon. When it started pouring, the whole family went outside to sit on the porch and sing like we used to when we were younger. Lizzy and Andrew had a blast splashing and running around. The Jones family came down and had some ice cream and we played a couple of games before Matt and I headed back up to the Tanner's for an awesome movie, The Great Debators. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anybody!
Ok! I think that puts us up to speed now. My family is getting together for Labor Day today, so hopefully it won't take me ages to post about that one too!

5 comments:

Jae said...

The look on Shyla's face is a good indicator that I am maybe not using my best judgment.

The Goodrich's said...

Busy, busy busy! Looks like lots of fun, though!

The Nelson Family Smorgasbord said...

What a fun update, Camillio!! I love all the pictures! I hope the "medical mishap" wasn't anything too serious!

Rachelle said...

Good times and great oldies!

Aaron and Jen said...

Looks like you've been having a lot of fun!