The 12th ward runners!

My Mother in Law, Nancy, and me.
There is a sweet and wonderful girl in my ward that I am good friends with. Her name is Brittany and she was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I have never been very close to anybody with breast cancer, so this really hit me hard. This year in honor of Brittany I, along with some other people in our ward, ran the race for the cure. I am not a runner, but I have to say I never found running to be so easy and fun. I guess it was because I had a real purpose for running.
It was great to see people rally around Brittany. She is such an amazing person, and her attitude and testimony through all of this has been truly amazing to me. She is a wonderful example to me and everybody else around her.
Brittany wasn't able to join us at the race because she was in the hospital due to a few complications. We went to visit her there after.

1 comment:
Way to go-that's awesome that you were able to do that. I bet it meant a lot to your friend to see all the support and love you all have for her.
Post a Comment