The weekend started on Thursday with a baby shower for my sister-in-law Heidi and her cute new baby Lucas Brett. It was a lot of fun to get together and chat with my sisters, mom, and my aunts and cousins.

All of the kids loved "helping" Heidi open all of the new gifts. It was pretty adorable.On Friday Matt and I went out to dinner with Andy and Brittany. They somehow got us in for the opening night at a new Red Robin, so the whole meal was free - wahoo!


On Saturday, Matt and I decided to have a full day at Raging Waters. We have been so busy this summer, mostly him because of summer school and work, so we decided to count this as our little family vacation. We had a blast! We both came back sunburned and dead tired. The only bad part of the day was the ginormous slide that Matt convinced me to go down. I think I nearly had a panic attack just getting up to the top of the slide. Matt went first and I just thought..."it's now or never...how bad can it be?" I screamed my head off, and not in an "this is kind of fun" way. I lost my mat in the middle of the slide and panicked about that because I was approaching the next big drop. Luckily I was able to get back on it before I made my big finish by plowing with full force into the water and tumbling all over the place, instead of skimming over it like everybody else does...hmmm...just a tab bit embarrasing. I finished it off by crying, I think mostly because I was pretty shaken up. Anyway, after that the rest of the day was awesome!
We finished the weekend off with Sunday dinner at my parents' house!
3 comments:
I like the new look!
I must appologize, I feel somewhat resposible for your horrible ride on the monster waterslide. I was pressuring you to try it too! But now at least you can say you did it, right?
can you identify the food item Matt is eating there? I've stared at it for quite a while, but I don't recognize it. Quiche? Burrito? Burger with only one bun? Mysterious.
Oh, Camille! You are just so brave. That's sad that you didn't like the slide. But good for you. Haha. You're so cute. I'm excited to see you tomorrow!!
Post a Comment