Thursday, December 5, 2013

San Diego

I think it's time to update this blog before baby #3 gets here and I don't have much free time anymore.  Currently I have, well....LOADS of free time.  This pregnancy has been rough, to say the least.  The nerve damage combined with the PGD and PSD I have make pregnancy really painful.  I also have to go off my nerve medications while I'm pregnant.  And this time we are trying to avoid another preterm birth.  So...basically I'm not on bedrest, just on "do as little as possible" rest.  I have pain pretty much 24/7 and it limits what I'm able to do here at home.  We have learned how to cope, most of the time, but its been hard.  I'm looking forward to getting baby boy #3 safe and sound (and on time) and then getting back to feeling like a human again.  Yay!

In August we took a much needed vacation to San Diego.  Matt has family there, so we were able to visit them, and also do a lot of things with just our little family--it was awesome.  The trip was hard for me because of all the pain issues, but we were able to get a disability pass that helped out a lot, and most of all it worked because Matt was awesome.  He took care of the boys, lugged bags, pushed the stroller...basically anything hard.  He is a stud.
 Swimming at Scott and Sonja's
 Matt's Dad, Uncles, and Grandmother
 Snuggles with Grandpa

 Sea World, just after being soaked by Shamu


 The skyride


 Hugging a goat at the Zoo
 What I did most of the time...

 The giant lion at the Safari Park


 A day at the beach.  The boys probably loved this most of all, and got horribly sunburned, despite how many times I put sunscreen on them.  






 So happy after a fun day at the beach...
 ...and sooo tired.
 Matt and I were able to go out one night and take a harbor dinner cruise.  It was so beautiful, and the food was awesome!


 A 2nd stab at the Zoo, since the 1st day didn't go so well.



 Our last visit to see the beach


 A drive past the temple-gorgeous!
Unfortunately, Riley was busy conducting meetings for most of the week.  At least he was able to spend a little time with us.

No comments: