Wednesday, January 30, 2008

We Thank Thee Oh God For Our Prophet


Upon hearing the news that President Hinckley passed away, I have shed a lot more tears than I ever imagined I would. Despite my emotions, I know that the Church will go on and we will have yet another wonderful leader. Above all, I know that President Hinckley is overjoyed to be with his beloved wife again, and for those things I rejoice.

Still, I can't help mourning the loss of such a wonderful and inspiring leader. As a 13 year old writing my auto-biography for English class, when asked who I would like to have for a best friend, I wrote "President Hinckley" and I my answer would still be the same today.

President Hinckley was honest and true to himself and his religion in every word and deed and humbly shared this example with millions of members and non-members alike. I will always appreciate his humor and happiness. He truly displayed Christlike love, even to those he did not personally know, such as myself. I know he is a Prophet of God.

Matt and I discussed last night how amazing it is that each prophet is placed at a time when they are most needed. President Hinckley was needed for his extensive business knowledge and public relations skill. He made large changes in attitudes and opinions about the Church in his time. Matt and I both express our love and gratitude for our wonderful prophet, one of the only prophets we have really known in our time. He will be missed.

2 comments:

Rachelle said...

Beautiful thoughts. I think that is great that you want him for your best friend, even when you were 13. It's true... he would be a good friend. Here is a cool poem someone sent me.


Prophetic Passing

I imagine he's running to Marjorie now,
Yes, running, not waving his cane.
I see him embracing his father and mother
While they keep repeating his name.

I see him now meeting his forebears,
Brother Brigham and Joseph are there.
Sweet reunion of prophets, united by service
That only such noble men share.

I see him embraced by the Savior
While Father says, "Good and well done.
So faithful in stalwart endurance, I welcome
My noble, most excellent son."

I then hear the ripples of laughter
As he says the reception's just fine,
But he hopes that he'll get an assignment or two
Since there's no need to waste any time.

I can hear his clear voice in the stillness
At the close of this sweet Sabbath day,
Have faith and move forward there's work to be done.
President Hinckley would want it that way.

Anna M. Molgard
January 27, 2008

Linds Forrest said...

Hey Camille! I am so glad you said something on my blog. You look so happy and looks like you are doing so well! Blogs are the best, especially to see what people are up to. Stay in touch for sure!!!