Thus far, this has not been the best week of my life. On Monday I woke up with a somewhat sore throat, which I figured could be caused by a number of things (cool air blowing on my face from the window during the night, allergies, screaming at Lagoon on saturday, etc.) so I went to work and thought all was well.
I was in a training class on Monday so I was just sitting and listening all day. Progressively throughout the day I felt more and more tired, and sore everywhere. By the time I got to Matt's office around 3, I was miserable, and by the time I was at my office by 3:30 I was barely holding it all together. Unfortunately I had to call and bow out of a big get together with all my girlfriends which I was so sad to miss.
I laid home on the couch completely miserable and tried to go to bed around 8:00. I didn't sleep at all because my whole body was so sore, I had a fever, chills, etc. etc. Tuesday morning Matt called around and found an express care not far from here that charges a very a low fee so I drug myself out of bed, got dressed and headed in.
The doctor looked me over and saw my throat and thought for sure it had to be strep throat, so he did a test. We waited, and waited, and waited and after about 10 minutes it came back negative! I was pretty surprised because I have had strep many, many, many times in my life, and while I don't proclaim to be a doctor, this looked exactly like strep, with all the right signs. He then starts checking me some more and sees a bunch of mosquito bites and says, "you, know, I think this may be west nile virus". Oh well, that makes me feel all better...NOT! He sent in a back-up strep test and told me to wait it out and if it gets worse or doesn't improve to go to an instacare asap. The whole thing was really frustrating, because I'm the sickest I've been in a long time, and he can't even tell me what it is!
I went home and had a miserable day trying to sleep off and on, and all through the day my throat is getting worse and worse. Matt was being a perfect sweetie and taking care of everything. He is even pureeing my chunky soup (yes...that is how bad it hurts). Also, all day my throat is looking worse and worse, and more like strep. Finally Matt's called one of our friend's dads, who is a great doctor and explained the whole situation. He seemed to think that the doctor I saw was silly for not treating me with an antibiotic even if the test was negative, and he kindly called in a prescription for me. I still didn't sleep last night because everytime I started to fall asleep I would reflexively swallow and it hurt so much it woke me up everytime. I finally got up at 1:30 and watched Home Improvement/Fresh Prince of Belair...wahoo!
Anyway, I still feel crummy today and don't know exactly what I have but from all the Doctors' opinions it could be: strep, tonsilitis, west nile virus, mono, or the flu. I choose....strep. So, that's it...I'm sick with strep. I hope I can go back to work tomorrow since I have only been there ummmm...1 week so far. This is really the best timing, but, what can I do? Thanks again to Matt for being the perfect "Mom", cause we all know what we really want when we are sick is our Mom. He has taken care of everything even though he is in the middle of finals week...what a gem. Love you Matt! When I'm all better, I'll make it up to you.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yuck!! I hope you feel better today.
Camillio, that is so awful! We will keep you in our prayers...it sounds funny to say, "I hope it's strep", but out of all of the other options, that's the one I would choose too!! Lay low and take care of yourself!
Sorry your sick. Recipe group went pretty good. Not a ton of people, but still really fun. And there was plenty of food.
Too bad! I hope you feel better quick! Sore throats are the worst!
I'm so sorry that you are sick! I hope you start feeling better soon! Missed you at Peter B! Luv ya!
Post a Comment