He is now able to do 4 feedings a day, at 8am, 2pm, 8pm, and 2am which means I am staying at the hospital. They provide an overnight room for free for situations like this, and I am right next to the nursery where Riley is staying. Its definitely kind of boring, but so far has been ok. I have a cold and have been able to spend the in between time resting, which is nice.
He was moved from the incubator to an open crib, but wasn't able to tolerate it, so he went back in today. This morning his vitals were a little bit wacky, so they aren't sure yet how he is tolerating 4 feedings. He has gained some weight in the last couple of days, so we hope to continue that.
Riley's biggest problem right now is staying warm. He doesn't have enough fat to keep himself warm, which is why he is back in the incubator. Yesterday and last night he had socks on his hands and feet, a onesie, 2 pairs of pants, pajamas and 2 warm blankets, and 2 hats and still wasn't able to keep his own temperature up. He won't be able to come home until he gains enough weight to maintain that himself. The doctor tells us we will need to be really patient at this stage.
Cameron continues to stay with my parents since I'm now gone all day. Matt goes and stays there after work so that Cameron gets to see at least one parent. I've struggled emotionally lately knowing I am going to be spending so much time away from Cameron and Matt. My Dad reminded me that there are other people who can take care of what Cam needs right now, but I'm the only one who can take care of what Riley needs, and that helps. I'm so grateful for my parents. They have been such a huge support through all of this. My sweet mom even gave up a vacation she was looking forward to going on with my Dad. She was supposed to leave tomorrow, but instead gave up her ticket, which they could get a refund or exchange for. I don't know what I would do without her!
That's all to update for now. Overall we are all doing well and still hoping our little Riley can come home soon!!
Sleepy boy
Very sleepy boy
My little leprechaun
HUGE Binky!
5 comments:
Wow Camille! Tough road. He is so adorable! That dollar bill really puts his size in perspective. You DO have great parents and if anybody can relate to what you're going through right now it's them. We keep praying for you and hope you are all a family at HOME soon!
Camille, I'm glad you have such wonderful parents close by to help with Cam! I know it must tear your heart in two to leave your hubby and sweet boy, but I think your Dad is right. Riley needs YOU. You are such a good Mom. This challenge will make you an even better one. I'm thinking of you!
Your parents sound so wonderful! That's great that you can have help at a time like this. I'm sorry you have to go through such a stressful time. He is such a cutie, though. I can't get over how much I love all that hair! Adorable. Hang in there!
your leprechaun is dang cute :)
you are such an amazing woman to do this; and your dad is absolutely right. keep on keeping on; you can do this--so many peeps have you in their thoughts and prayers.
poor guy on keeping himself warm. :(
You are all in our thoughts a prayers!!
Post a Comment