What does one do while sitting in the hospital at 4 am and not being able to sleep at all? Blog of course!
Here is the latest, and again this is mostly for documenting purposes for our own little family--I'm not expecting most people to read this! Like I had said, contractions felt to me to be starting up again, and I was right. I began to dilate again to a 4 and was told at that point there isn't exactly any turning back. Even if labor didn't progress further, I wouldn't be leaving the hospital until a baby came.
Many of you know that it was highly recommended for me to have a c-section due to my severe hip problems, and we were planning to. However, my doctor is now saying she thinks it would be better to go a normal route. They say the baby wil be 4 lbs or less, which means a possibility of less trauma from the baby moving through the birth canal, less pushing, and they intend to be really careful with placement of my legs as well. All of those things added to the trauma with Cam's delivery. After much thought and a sweet blessing from Matt, we have decided to go that route, avoid major surgery, and have faith that things will turn out alright. There was also some risk that I had eaten a big lunch when they initially thought labor had stopped, as they don't like to do surgery on a full stomach since it increases the risks of certain other problems.
After waiting for quite awhile the contractions were getting pretty severe and I went ahead with the epidural...yay! Unfortunately now I have been stuck at a 5 for awhile without progressing and they aren't sure why since contractions have continued just as regularly. I'll be checked again at 6 am and we'll go from there. The options as I understand them are to remove the epidural and watch my progress for awhile, or to give me pitocin or break my water and get things moving, the second being more likely.
I've now been in labor a little over 24 hours and I'm going a little stir crazy since I couldn't sleep last night from the contractions, and after trying for the last 6 hours I haven't been able to sleep much tonight either--oh the joys of labor! If anyone out there is bored at 4 am, feel free to visit. Just kidding--totally kidding! That's all for now folks!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm reading this!! THis is so crazy- keep the updates coming! Good luck!
i read every word too!
good luck! i hope that labor does stop and he can stay cooking inside for just a little bit longer.
That little guy is just so anxious to come! I am going to be checking your blog like crazy today so make sure to update :)
Post a Comment