Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Riley Gets to Wear Clothes!

Today they took out Riley's IV--everybody cheer! I hated that IV and how often they had to move it on the poor little guy.
He is now doing two feedings from me per day, one in the morning, and one at night. The doctors are concerned because he should be gaining weight at this point, but he continues to lose a little everyday. At this point we have been told things can move slowly because while on two feedings a day, he needs to gain for two days, then we will move to four feedings, and he needs to gain two days in a row, and up and up. Hopefully the little guy will start to chunk up soon!

When I went in this afternoon, he was in a cute little set of ducky pajamas! He has just been in his diaper up until now so that they could regulate his body temperature for him. They are trying now to put him in clothes to see if he can regulate his own temperature without using too much energy to gain weight. We'll see how it goes, but he looks darn cute! If he can warm himself he will get to move to a new type of bed.

Here are a few pictures of Riley, since we haven't posted many.

Our sweet neighbor gave Matt and I tickets to the Jazz game last night so we could just get away from everything for awhile. We got to go to a VIP dinner before tip off, and the seats were on the second row! We had so much fun!The little guy gets so exhausted when he nurses that we have to take lots of wake up breaks!
Tiny, tiny feet

9 comments:

LeAnn said...

He is so cute and he looks adorable in his jammies. That's awesome you got to get away for awhile, what a great neighbor. I hope you guys are doing well.

daniel said...

he really is so so adorable. I liked the pic of Matt holding him, you can tell how tiny he is. Hope you guys can get some rest! Your neighbor is awesome. We'll pray that is nickname will soon be fatty!!

korth fam said...

that was from tanya

Anonymous said...

He is so cute and tiny! I hope things continue to go well with the weight gain and body temperature. I'm thinking about you guys! Good luck.

BECKY said...

you, my friend, are looking INCREDIBLE for not even being a week postparnum.

and riley is just too cute. i love the family pic in his thing.

way to go on the nursing! eat up riley!!!

Woodbury Family said...

Thanks for the update! Thinking about you guys everyday. And praying too.

Shafferprincess said...

Oh, he's SO cute in his little ducky jammies. :) Hope he gains weight quickly so you can take him home soon. Love you.

Rachel said...

Oh, so sweet! I love the picture of him on your shoulder, Camille! What a sweet little man to come join your family. We wish you the best!

My 4 Gooches said...

Oh Camille. He is so, so handsome. I'm in love with all that dark hair. He is a total stud. I hope things continue improving for you guys.